Matthew 25: 35-40

"I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." -Matthew 25:35-36

"Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." -Matthew 25:37-40


Friday, March 12, 2010

Home for a week...

... and it's going pretty good! The children are adjusting fine. They are so very happy and enjoying such simple little things like running water, lights, and pretty clothes in their dresser, which the girls love to fold and rearrange. They also love to change their clothes several times a day, and I don't have the heart to stop them. It's just too much fun. I think popcorn is their favorite American food so far. Ice cream is not a big hit. But it's okay, we don't eat much of it anyway! I normally don't let the children jump on beds, but when Katyna, Walker and Carley were having so much fun jumping on and off into a pile of pillows, I just enjoyed the moment listening to their squeals of delight. I think Katina said, "MOM, I FELL!" with her cute little accent and beaming smile about 20 times. They started referring to me as Mom a few days before they actually started calling me Mom. Another delight to my soul. Sam and Jennika go out every morning to help feed the horses. Sam particularly, has taken a liking to the snow. The weather has been great and nice enough for him to wear off some of his bottled up energy outside. ;-) The older boys are having great fun with their two new brothers. I think the girls are still having a hard time believing the children are actually home, and here to stay. ~Kelli

Cousins Hudson (2), Gracie (1), and Katina (4)Cousins Aliyah and Hudson
Jessica, Katina, and Hudson, a.k.a. Tom-Tom Whitney, Katina, and Hudson Whitney and Hudson Hudson, Whitney, and Jess Easton a.k.a. Sam (4)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see you all finally made it home after a very long, eventful journey, to say the least. Hope you are all doing well. I really appreciate all that you have done. You are amazing!!!!
    Hugs,
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a member of the Grand Forks SDA church (well, my husband and I will be soon - we moved there a few months ago). I learned of your blog and work in Haiti when the group from the church came back from thier trip to Haiti. It's so amazing what you guys are doing, from Lacey spending time in Haiti to her parents adopting kids from Haiti, God bless you for all you do. I will add your family and mission in Haiti to my prayer list!
    Holly Jessen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed your blog while you were in Haiti. It is great to see a young follower of Christ have such a passion for his ministry. Glad you are home safe and sound. Would love to see an update on how you and your new siblings are doing.
    Marj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate you stopping by!