Matthew 25: 35-40

"I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." -Matthew 25:35-36

"Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." -Matthew 25:37-40


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter from Lacey

Jan. 18, 2010 7:57 a.m.

Yesterday was a good day; we are finally getting things cleaned up, and I think I'm just doing better because I'm somewhat caught up on my sleep! The kids are doing GREAT. This morning I woke up to a few cribs with diarrhea and throw up - but we got it cleaned up quickly. I do believe the babies are just a little stressed with different living conditions, different milk, etc., and last night was the first night they actually slept in their own cribs. We moved everything from upstairs into the clinic. Joe Hurston decided to stay longer and his son-in-law, Kyle is here to help fix the village! He brought in approximately 100 pounds of tools. I also talked to Barbara's *Boss* Man Builder and he is excited! He asked me if my dad was a builder, and I said "YES!" We still need to clean out the depots, so even if we can't build right away we can stay busy!

Barbara is flying out with two kids today; she comes back and flies out again on the 25th with Sue, who is going to NY. I will be helping transport nine children to FLORIDA next week!

I am excited about the visas! Barbara continues to work late. Last night she started falling asleep while working on paperwork, so we decided 1:30 a.m. was late enough and went to bed!

I talked with Katyna's mother yesterday; she started crying when she was finally reunited with Thomas because she hasn't seen him for so long. She couldn't stop smiling! She stayed and held both of her babies until Katyna finally fell asleep in her arms. I gave her the card you sent and had Christopher translate for her. I also gave her Thomas and Katyna's Christmas pictures. She was so happy. She told me she lost three family members and her house was flat. I do not know and forgot to ask her where she is staying; she just asked for some clothing. Barbara was gone so I wasn't able to open the clothing depot without her permission. So I went through my clothes and gave her a skirt, caprees and four shirts. I gave her my favorite white blouse...maybe she can go to church. She looked very sickly. Katyna woke up and watched her mom leave, it was a very sad moment for both of us.

Katyna Marie (4)

Thomas James (2)

1 comment:

  1. i think it is so awesome what you are doing. i hope other people will step up and do the same.
    GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate you stopping by!